There’s a bright future waiting for you on California’s beautiful Central Coast
California’s breathtaking natural attractions are not the only stars on the Central Coast. Equally impressive are the top-trained medical professionals at Natividad Medical Center, a 172-bed teaching hospital with a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. When you bring your career to Natividad, you'll join a facility that is affiliated with the University of California San Francisco, with the area's only Life-Flight
helicopter service and Trauma Center, as well as one of the County’s first Community Level III NICUs.
SUPERVISING CARDIOPULMONARY TECHNICIAN (Respiratory Care Practitioner)
We are currently seeking a permanent FT Supervising Cardiopulmonary Technician. The incumbent will supervise the Cardiopulmonary Department at Natividad Medical Center and have administrative responsibilities for the day-to-day operation of the department on assigned shifts, and full supervisory responsibility for a portion of the staff.
- Scheduling and coordinating department staffing and daily operations on assigned shifts, determining priorities and adjusting staffing levels to workflows; assigning and reviewing work; approving vacation requests; evaluating need for overtime and making recommendations for approval
- Providing technical direction to staff concerning difficult procedures and handling problems that occur on the shift and documenting for management those needing further attention
- Responsibility for Cardiopulmonary Services department operations on assigned shifts and/or when Director is absent or unavailable
- Supervising or participating in supervision of Cardiopulmonary Services department staff; reviewing work for accuracy, completeness and conformance to guidelines and policies; evaluating training and development needs of staff and arranging for needed training; reviewing applications and conducting or participating in hiring interviews
- Evaluating employee performance and preparing and giving performance reports to staff supervised; documenting substandard performance, counseling and motivating employees to improve performance; making recommendations for disciplinary actions; preparing material for disciplinary actions and responses to grievances
- Conducting or working on administrative functions and special projects for Director of Cardiopulmonary Services, including those affecting department operations such as new procedures required by technological advances or changing needs of the department; preparing, planning, gathering data, and presenting reports; writing and maintaining policies and procedures; writing internal and external policy change memos; preparing or directing the preparation of monthly reports and quarterly QA reports for assigned areas
- Following and ensuring compliance with prescribed respiratory care therapy policies and procedures, department and hospital safety and infection control policies and procedures, observing and ensuring
- compliance of staff with established safety and infection control procedures
- Working as a Respiratory Care Practitioner on a daily or intermittent basis, performing routine and specialized respiratory care therapy and all other duties performed by Respiratory Care Practitioners
- Remaining abreast of new developments related to respiratory care therapy through continuing education; implementing new policies and procedures; conducting in-service training; making recommendations on product changes
Possession of a valid Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license issued by the State of California (License will be verified via primary source. Please indicate name on license if different from name on application.); ACLS, NRP and BLS certifications; and knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, terminology and equipment used in respiratory therapy, cardiology, and pulmonary function fields.
PRIORITY SCREENING DATE:
Tuesday, February 20, 2018 for a guaranteed review. Applications received
after this date will be reviewed on an as-needed basis until the position is filled.
For more information or to request application materials, contact Natividad Medical Center, Human Resources
Department, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Salinas, CA 93906, (831) 783-2700, or click the apply button to apply now.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatividadMedicalCenter. EOE/M/F/H/V