American Career College (ACC) has been helping people succeed since 1978 and we are currently seeking an Instructor, RT. This is an outstanding opportunity for a service-oriented individual to help our students begin their journey toward their new careers.
Under the general supervision of the Program Director delivers class and/or clinical instruction according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods; develops daily lesson plans; advises and tutors students; maintains current and accurate attendance and grade records; remains current in applicable program teaching field; participates in faculty meetings, instructional seminars and two (2) in-service training sessions annually. Participates in college activities such as faculty meetings, student functions, graduation exercises, open houses, new student orientations, and advisory board meetings.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Must be a graduate from a program accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in the specialty field AND must possess three (3) years of occupational (i.e. practical) experience in the subject field in which they teach;
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years of job-related training and experience in the field in which they teach.
- Faculty teaching general education courses must have a baccalaureate degree with appropriate coursework in the subject area(s) taught.
- Must demonstrate training in educational methods, testing and evaluation and evidence strength in instructional methodology, delivery and techniques as indicated by evaluation personnel within 30 days of beginning instruction.
- Must hold a valid Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential and hold such professional license or certificate as is required by the state in which employed.
- Current CPR Card.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of teaching experience in the subject areas taught or demonstrate prior training in instructional methodology and teaching skills from a formal teacher educational program or any comparable training program or formal in-house training program.
- Experience with MS Office.
To learn more about American Career College and apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our website: www.americancareercollege.edu
American Career College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.