A Respiratory Therapist provides respiratory therapy which includes assessment, treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. Consults with physicians. Provides consultation, instruction and/or technical direction of medical, nursing, and other staff members.
• Current California Respiratory Care Practitioner License
• Graduate of an accredited two (2) year Respiratory Therapy Program
• Current certificate from the Board of Medical Quality Assurance Respiratory Care Examining Committee, Department of Consumer Affairs, State of California required.
• Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) BS preferred
• On the job experience, prefer 2 years, necessary as determined by department orientation requirements in order to acquire and effectively utilize knowledge of department specific standards
• BLS within 2 month of hire and on-going
• NRP within 6 months of hire and on-going
Full Time W/Benefits
Visit www.nih.org to fill out an application
Northern Inyo Healthcare District:
Join the Northern Inyo Healthcare Team to make a difference in a community with a friendly hometown atmosphere and adventure in your backyard. Bishop, California is located at the Northern end of Inyo County in the beautiful Owens Valley where Highway 395 meets U.S Route6 and is on the National Geographic's Top 100 List of Best Adventure Towns in the United States! So looking to live where adventure is? Join the Northern Inyo Healthcare District Team.
Northern Inyo Healthcare District is a full service critical access hospital including 24-hour emergency care services and Rural Health Clinic services. NIHD is Joint Commission Accredited and uses state of the art equipment and proven procedures to provide the best health care around. It is the Mission of NIHD to improve our communities; One life at a time, One Team, One Goal, Your Health! Be the ONE to join the adventure.