American River College
Respiratory Care Assistant Professor
Job Posting Number: F00226P
Salary: $41,003 to $75,533 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends.
Closing Date: 05/22/2017
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/4500
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Clinical assignments are at off campus locations. Instructional responsibility is not limited to a particular assignment on a permanent basis as teachers periodically rotate between and among courses.
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching:
● Didactic and clinical aspects of the Respiratory Care Program.
● Respiratory care classes at both the beginning and advanced level.
Instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, television courses, podcasts, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
1. Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 17, 2017, AND two years of professional experience directly related to the teaching assignment; OR, any associate’s degree AND six years of professional experience directly related to the teaching assignment; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Must hold and maintain a current valid license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) in the State of California.
3. Must hold/obtain and maintain the necessary licenses, certificates, etc., as needed for external agency(ies) accreditation.
4. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.